Race Date: March 26, 2023
Online registration NOW OPeN!
Stay tuned to our socials @bayracerun for current info and updates.
2023 Bay Race Entry confirmation:
To check if you are registered for the 2023 Around The Bay Road Race, click here .
In-Person & Virtual Race Entry Fees
Subject to online fees and taxes. HST #841211774 RT0001
Note: Shipping of your virtual race package within Canada is included in your registration fee. Out of country registrants are subject to an additional shipping charge.
* The Hammer presented by HOKA
Complete the 2K, 5K, 10K, 15K, and 30K from March 25 – April 25, 2021. Times for each distance must be submitted by April 25 to be included in the official results for each category. Times from each of these events will also be added together for a combined Hammer Time!
What’s Your Hammer Time?
Hammer Time Prediction Contest presented by HOKA
For Hammer Participants ONLY: Enter your predicted Hammer Time on your profile and if your actual Hammer Time is within two minutes of your prediction, you will be entered into a free HOKA prize draw. Predictions can be entered by clicking on your dashboard link found at the bottom of your confirmation email. Click on the Modify/Review icon and then scroll to find the field to enter your predicted Hammer Time. If registered before Feb 13, enter your prediction in the Occupation Field. Predictions must be submitted by 9:00am on March 25, 2021 to be eligible in the draw.
Additional Virtual Race Details Here.
30k Relay Fees – TBD
Please email email@example.com if you would like to be put on the waiting list. Please specify 2-person or 3-person waiting list.
5k Fees – tBD
Please note unless you have the ATB+ Package:
- NO RACE KIT PICK-UP ON RACE DAY.
- Registration cannot be deferred
Applicable to all:
- Fees are non-refundable
ATB+ Race Day Pickup (PU) Option – $30:
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- Separate and Premium Location Baggage Check
- Race Morning Snack
- Registration/race entry not included with this package
- Race Day Pick-up will be open from 7am-8:30am on the concourse level opposite of Section 72.
- One Packet Pick-Up per ATB+ PU purchase.
- Only one ATB+ PU purchase is needed to pick up relay team kit as all bibs are in the one relay kit
- Baggage check items must fit in the clear plastic bag (16″ x 24″) provided. Luggage and other large items will not be accepted. Please leave valuables at home. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- No refunds on the ATB+ PU Package
ATB+ defer to next year Option (DO)- $30:
- Option to defer to 2024 for any reason
- No refund on the ATB+ DO Package
- If you are unable to participate for whatever reason in the 2023 Bay Race, you have the option to defer your registration to 2024 with this ATB+ DO package.
- Deferred participants do not receive 2023 race kit/shirt.
- Please email to inform us that you will exercise your option to defer by March 22, 2023. Then a promo code will be sent to you to register for 2024 once 2024 online registration opens. Notice by email to defer must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATB+ DO Package available for purchase until March 23, 2023.
- One ATB+ DO package can defer a relay team entry
- No refunds on the ATB+ DO package
Online fees and taxes applicable to ATB+ packages.
Entry Limits – TBD
The Bay Race has set the following limits for 2020:
- 30k Road Race — 6,500 participants (please note one start for the 30k only — 9:30am — 4.5 hour time limit)
- 5k — 2,500 participants
- 3-person Relay teams — 300 teams
- 2-person Relay teams — 300 teams
Register early to avoid disappointment!
30K Start Corral Considerations
Corral Placement is based on predicted finishing time.
The 30K and 5K seeded corrals are based on a qualifying standard as listed below. This seeding is on a first come basis, and is not guaranteed. Participants who register after the corrals are full will be placed in the white corral.
CONFIRM YOUR CORRAL PLACEMENT
Your Corral placement is displayed on your HTG confirmation email. Running Room confirmation emails do not display corral placements but race kits picked up during race weekend will be labelled with corrals.
Transfer Entry to Another Person
Free transfer period from October 5, 9:00am to October 9, 11:59pm.
If you registered through HTG:
- Access your dashboard with your dashboard link at the bottom of your confirmation email
- During the transfer period, a transfer icon will appear on your dashboard.
- Click on Transfer Icon; existing participant enters name and email of new participant.
- New participant receives an email and link and must enter new participant info and makes credit card payment for transfer fee. The transfer is only complete when payment is made.
- No Transfer Fee
If you cannot find your HTG confirmation email, click here to resend.
Running Room registrants please email email@example.com to request a transfer form during transfer period ONLY.
To make a change to your relay team, click on the dashboard link found at the bottom of your confirmation email and click on the Modify Registration icon Relay changes can be made starting on October 5, 2020.
All race packets become the property of the Bay Race once Registration and Packet Pickup closes.
- For the In-Person 30k and/or The Hammer Races — You must be at least 15 years of age on March 26, 2023 to participate.
RACE PACKET PICKUP
All participants are required to pick up their bib during the Health and Fitness Expo. The hours of operation are Friday, March 27, 2020 from 3:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 9:30am to 5:30pm. THERE WILL BE NO RUNNER PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE ATB+ PACKAGE.
COURSE TIME LIMITS
Participants must be able to complete the 30k Road Race in 4.5 hours from the start of the horn at 9:30am. All participants not reaching the 15km point by 11:45am or the 20km point by 12:30pm will not be allowed to finish the race. The course time limit will be strictly enforced due to traffic control and runner safety. At the discretion of the POLICE, slower participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules. The Finish Line will be taken down at 2:00pm.
Participants must be able to complete the 30K Road Race in 4.5 hours from their wave start time. At the discretion of the police, participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules.