2020 Bay Race cancelled
TBD when new online registrations will open for 2021
If you do not see your confirmation email in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk Folder. To ensure you receive the confirmation email or our e-newsletters, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe contact list.
2020 Entry Fees
30k Fees – TBD
30k Relay Fees – TBD
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put on the waiting list. Please specify 2-person or 3-person waiting list.
5k Fees – tBD
Please note unless you have the ATB+ Package:
- NO RACE KIT PICK-UP ON RACE DAY.
- Registration cannot be deferred
Applicable to all:
- Fees are non-refundable
ATB+ Package includes:
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- Separate and Premium Location Baggage Check
- Race Morning Snack
- Deferral option to 2021 for race entry only (ATB+ package benefits such as race day kit pick-up are not deferred)
The Fine Print:
- Registration/race entry not included with this package
- Race Day Pick-up will be open from 7am-8:30am on the concourse level opposite of Section 72. One Packet Pick-Up per ATB+ package.
- Baggage check items must fit in the clear plastic bag (16″ x 24″) provided. Luggage and other large items will not be accepted. Please leave valuables at home. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- With the ATB+ package you have the opportunity to defer your registration to 2021. ATB+ package benefits such as race day kit pick-up cannot be deferred. Medal tabs are not deferred. Deferred participants do not receive 2020 race kit/shirt.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you defer to 2021, you are NOT automatically registered for the following year. You must inform us of your intention to defer by email prior to Monday, November 16, 2020 and then request a promo code to register once 2021 online registration opens. Notice by email to defer must be sent to email@example.com.
- Deferral is for the next race. A new ATB+ package must be purchased if you would like to defer a second year.
- ATB+ Package available for purchase until November 16, 2020
- One ATB+ package benefits the entire relay team
Entry Limits – TBD
The Bay Race has set the following limits for 2020:
- 30k Road Race — 6,500 participants (please note one start for the 30k only — 9:30am — 4.5 hour time limit)
- 5k — 2,500 participants
- 3-person Relay teams — 300 teams
- 2-person Relay teams — 300 teams
Register early to avoid disappointment!
30K Start Corral Considerations
Corral Placement is based on predicted finishing time.
The 30K and 5K seeded corrals are based on a qualifying standard as listed below. This seeding is on a first come basis, and is not guaranteed. Participants who register after the corrals are full will be placed in the white corral.
|Start Corral||30k Time||Half Marathon Time||Marathon Time|
|Corral B/Blue||Over 2:15 to 2:30||Over 1:30 to 1:40||Over 3:10 to 3:35|
|Corral C/Green||Over 2:30 to 2:45||Over 1:40 to 1:50||Over 3:35 to 3:50|
|Start Corral||5k Time|
|Corral Orange||<20 min|
|Corral Brown||Over 20 min to 30 min|
|Corral White||Over 30 min|
CONFIRM YOUR CORRAL PLACEMENT
Your Corral placement is displayed on your HTG confirmation email. Running Room confirmation emails do not display corral placements but race kits picked up during race weekend will be labelled with corrals.
Transfer Entry to Another Person
Free transfer period from October 5, 9:00am to October 9, 11:59pm.
If you registered through HTG:
- Access your dashboard with your dashboard link at the bottom of your confirmation email
- During the transfer period, a transfer icon will appear on your dashboard.
- Click on Transfer Icon; existing participant enters name and email of new participant.
- New participant receives an email and link and must enter new participant info and makes credit card payment for transfer fee. The transfer is only complete when payment is made.
- No Transfer Fee
If you cannot find your HTG confirmation email, click here to resend.
Running Room registrants please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transfer form during transfer period ONLY.
To make a change to your relay team, click on the dashboard link found at the bottom of your confirmation email and click on the Modify Registration icon Relay changes can be made starting on October 5, 2020.
Please read carefully before registering for any event(s).
Entry fees are non-refundable. Entries are non-deferrable to another year unless you have the ATB+ package. That means that once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not transfer your entry to another year unless you have the ATB+ package.
The Bay Race, in accordance with management executives, city officials and local law enforcement has the authority to cancel any of the events for emergency purposes such as, but not limited to, inclement weather or threat of terrorism. If such emergency conditions force cancellation, refunds cannot be provided since funds will have been spent in preparation for Race Day.
All race packets become the property of the Bay Race once Registration and Packet Pickup closes.
- 5k — There are no course or age restrictions.
- 30k Road Race/Relays — You must be at least 15 years of age on race day to participate in the 30k Road Race/Relay.
RACE PACKET PICKUP
All participants are required to pick up their bib during the Health and Fitness Expo. The hours of operation are Friday, March 27, 2020 from 3:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 9:30am to 5:30pm. THERE WILL BE NO RUNNER PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE ATB+ PACKAGE.
COURSE TIME LIMITS
Participants must be able to complete the 30k Road Race in 4.5 hours from the start of the horn at 9:30am. All participants not reaching the 15km point by 11:45am or the 20km point by 12:30pm will not be allowed to finish the race. The course time limit will be strictly enforced due to traffic control and runner safety. At the discretion of the POLICE, slower participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules. The Finish Line will be taken down at 2:00pm.