We will be recruiting volunteers shortly. Please stay tuned for more info coming soon.
Benefits of Becoming a Volunteer
Share in the adventure! No experience is required—share your skills and learn new ones. As a volunteer you will meet new friends, have fun and know you have contributed to your community. Come and join our great team of volunteers today.
Volunteer shifts will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The Bay Race proudly acknowledges and thanks all volunteers for their dedication and continued support.
All returning volunteers must complete the volunteer form and waiver. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian consent. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact past volunteers in mid-February to confirm they are available for the Around the Bay Race.
Due to our long standing relationship with individual volunteers and groups who return to this event each year not all volunteer positions are available.
All volunteers will receive an official volunteer shirt. Meet new friends and have the satisfaction of helping others while having a great time.
Volunteer in Groups
Reserve a Volunteer location for your group of 10 or more
Workplace—You and your co-workers can be involved by cheering on the runners or congratulating finishers by handing out medals. Contact us to hear of the many other opportunities available.
Schools & Clubs—Your band can play and/or your cheerleaders can cheer. Make it a competition, whether it is between schools or clubs. It’s a great way to fill your volunteer hours or community involvement. Get your Teacher, Leader or Student Union to contact us and join us in the fun.
Community—If your neighbourhood is along the race course, come out and support the runners. Set-up your own aid station (music, signs, water, cookies etc.) and cheer them on.
Family & Friends—Get a group together: it’s a great opportunity for you to spend time with each other and cheer on the participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905-574-8982 and we will help to assign your group to one of the available areas.
Volunteer Job Descriptions and Opportunities
Use the job descriptions listed below to help you choose a position you would like to volunteer for. Consider asking your friends, coworkers and or family to join you. Complete the online or paper Volunteer Application Form. Volunteer shifts will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
You may volunteer in more than one area and as often as you wish. Every effort will be made to accommodate your selection. We reserve the right to schedule volunteers based on event needs, which includes placing volunteers on a waiting list. We appreciate your understanding if we place you in an area that was not your first choice.
Dress accordingly and wear comfortable shoes.
Want to Volunteer but don’t know where?
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator and she will help to place you in an area that is available where you will be comfortable.
As part of the Ontario Education diploma requirements, students must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement activities. These activities may be completed at any time during their years in the secondary school program. Remember to bring the proper form to document your hours and have the Team Captain sign and confirm the completed hours before leaving. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian consent. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Volunteer Your Ideas
If you have an idea or special talent you think would enhance the Around the Bay Road Race, please contact us. Thanks in advance.
Sponsors Still Welcome
It is never too late to help Sponsor this event. All support, whether financial or service in kind, is greatly appreciated. Contact the Race Director at email@example.com.
- Each of you is critical to the smooth operation of the weekend events and creating a positive, fun experience for all who participate.
- Visit our website at bayrace.com to learn as much as you can about the Bay Race and your volunteer area through the information provided.
- If your assigned area is inside FirstOntario Centre you will check-in at the Volunteer Room. All other volunteers will check-in with a Bay Volunteer Captain at the assigned area.
- You will receive an official volunteer shirt at check-in or at your assigned area.
- Please wear your official volunteer shirt where possible inside FirstOntario Centre—it helps to identify you as part of the Race Crew.
- Volunteers working on Sunday should be prepared for an early start time and a long day.
- Do not bring valuables or large items (bags, backpacks, etc.) to the expo. The expo is a large public event and we cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dress warm and comfortably for the area in which you are assigned to work.
- Stay in your assigned area and direct any questions to your Bay Volunteer Captain.
- In case of a medical emergency of runners, spectators, or other volunteers, contact official volunteer medical personnel (wearing Red Medic t-shirts) immediately.
- Focus on being helpful to all our guests—smile and be courteous at all times!