Registration and COVID-19 Policies
Please read carefully before registering for any event(s).
RACE CANCELLATION POLICY
If the 2023 Around The Bay Race is cancelled, there are no refunds. The following options will be offered:
- Transfer to the 2023 virtual event in the same distance category and receive a 15% credit of original 2023 race entry fee that can be used toward the 2024 race.
- Defer 2023 registration to the 2024 Around The Bay Road Race
In the case of a race cancellation, 2023 registrants must submit an option from the above choices in the time frame provided. There are no automatic choices. If an option is not submitted within the time frame provided, all options are forfeited.
participant CANCELLATION POLICY
- Registrants should complete the COVID 19 self assessment online tool if COVID exposure, COVID symptoms or COVID test result(s) are a concern to your attendance at the race. If the self assessment tool directs you to isolate, you should stay at home.
- If a registrant is unable to participate because of an injury, illness, scheduling conflict, or any other reason, the ATB+ deferral package can be purchased for the option to defer to 2024. Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Only official transfers during the transfer period will be allowed. A person who runs under someone else’s bib will be disqualified and may face suspension from future Bay Races.
You can transfer to someone else through your Race Roster dashboard until March 17, 2023. Click on transfer link near the middle top of your profile page. Initiate a transfer. The recipient of the transfer will receive an email and steps to complete the transfer including paying the transfer fee ($15 + tax and online fees).
For the health and safety of all participants, it is important to have accurate information of actual participants and especially during emergency situations. Only official transfers during the transfer period will be allowed. A person who runs under someone else’s bib will be disqualified and may face suspension from future Bay Races.
You can also transfer to another race category through your Race Roster dashboard until March 17, 2023. Click on transfer link near the middle top of your profile page. Click on transfer to new sub-event and proceed from there. If you originally used a promo code to register, please email email@example.com to receive a new promo code as the system will not recognize the original credit on a transfer. If you upgrade, the difference will be owing but if you downgrade, there is no credit.
After March 17, 2023, transfers can only be completed in person at the Health & Fitness Expo on March 24 & 25. No race day transfers or registrations.
COVID-19 Policy – Updated Jan 2023
All participants/volunteers will be required to follow the laws, recommended guidelines and protocols issued by the Province of Ontario and local Public Health units with respect to COVID-19 and its variants. Participants/volunteers will review and follow the recommended guidelines and COVID-19 protocols mandated by the Around The Bay Road Race.
COVID-19 protocols may change between the time of registration and race week. The Around The Bay Road Race will follow the most current provincial directives and guidelines.
Registrants and volunteers should complete the COVID 19 self assessment online tool if COVID exposure, COVID symptoms or COVID test result(s) are a concern to your attendance at the race. If the self assessment tool directs you to isolate, you must stay at home.
The Bay Race, in accordance with management executives, city officials and local law enforcement has the authority to cancel any of the events for emergency purposes such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, a pandemic, or threat of terrorism.
- For the In-Person 30k and/or The Hammer Races — You must be at least 15 years of age on March 26, 2023 to participate.
COURSE TIME LIMITS
The course time limit for the in-person 30K is 4.5 hours. Participants must reach the 15k point by 11:45am to continue. This applies to relays as well so please ensure the first leg of the relay is aware of the course time limit as it may impact the participation of the other legs.
At the discretion of the POLICE, due to traffic control and runner safety, participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules.