Race Details :: Race Rules
In this section:
Participants including Walkers must be able to complete the 30k course in 4.5 hours from the start of the horn at 9:30am.
All participants not reaching the 15km point by 11:45am will not be allowed to finish the race.
At the discretion of the POLICE, due to traffic control and runner safety, slower participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules.
The following items are not permitted in the Around the Bay 30k Road Race: pets, animals, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, strollers and any other types of vehicles (other than official Race vehicles). These regulations are for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the race. If you have any questions, please contact the Bay Race office at (905) 574-8982.
- All registered participants will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day.
- Please put any necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number with a pen or waterproof marker.
- Please do not alter the bib in any way.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- All Relay participants must wear a 'relay' bib on the back of their shirt as well.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom it has been assigned.
- Do not forget your chip on race day: without a chip, you will not receive a time!
- Participants who own their own Mylaps Chip™ must provide this information on his/her entry form as well as have it verified at Packet Pickup.
- The Mylaps Chip™ must be secured to the participant's shoe. If the runner carries the chip in his/her hand, fanny pack, etc. the Mylaps Chip will not be able to record a time.
- Each Chip is non-transferable and must be worn only by the participant to whom it is assigned.
- Do not cross the finish line more than once.
- NEW disposable Commemorative chip may be kept as a souvenir
Relay team members must keep the exchange zones on the Bay Race course clear. In other words, team members must remain behind the barricades, until the runner they are meeting arrives for the exchange. Lining up on the race route is prohibited. Failure to comply may result in team disqualification.
Only one team member is allowed to run the Glory Leg crossing the finish line in FirstOntario Centre. A team member from another leg may not cross the finish line. Team members will be able to reunite at FirstOntario Centre.