Register and Confirm
In this section:
2019 Online Registration is open:
Be sure to read the Registration Policies before signing up.
2019 Entry Fees
|Until May 31, 2018||$80.00 + HST Cdn|
|Jun 1 – Oct 31, 2018||$90.00 + HST Cdn|
|Nov 1, 2018 – Mar 17, 2019||$99.00 + HST Cdn|
30k Relay Fees
|Until May 31, 2018||$170.00 + HST Cdn||$255.00 + HST Cdn|
|Jun 1 – Oct 31, 2018||$190.00 + HST Cdn||$285.00 + HST Cdn|
|Nov 1, 2018 – Mar 17, 2019||$226.00 + HST Cdn||$339.00 + HST Cdn|
|Until May 31, 2018||$40.00 + HST Cdn|
|Jun 1 – Oct 31, 2018||$45.00 + HST Cdn|
|Nov 1, 2018 – Mar 17, 2019||$49.00 + HST Cdn|
Please note unless you have the ATB+ Package:
- NO RACE KIT PICK-UP ON RACE DAY.
- Registration cannot be deferred
Applicable to all:
- Fees are non-refundable
$40 + HST Cdn after Oct 31
ATB+ Package includes:
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- Separate and Premium Location Baggage Check
- Race Morning Snack OR
- Deferral option to 2020 for race entry only (ATB+ package benefits such as race day kit pick-up are not deferred)
The Fine Print:
- Registration/race entry not included with this package
- Race Day Pick-up will be open from 7am-8:30am on the concourse level opposite of Section 101. One Packet Pick-Up per ATB+ package.
- Baggage check items must fit in the clear plastic bag (16" x 24") provided. Luggage and other large items will not be accepted. Please leave valuables at home. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- With the ATB+ package you have the opportunity to defer your registration to 2020. ATB+ package benefits such as race day kit pick-up cannot be deferred. Medal tabs are not deferred. Deferred participants do not receive 2019 race kit/shirt.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you defer to 2020, you are NOT automatically registered for the following year. You must inform us of your intention to defer by email prior to Monday, March 25, 2019 and then request a promo code to register once 2020 online registration opens. Notice by email to defer must be sent to .
- ATB+ Package available for purchase until March 24, 2019
- One ATB+ package benefits the entire relay team
The Bay Race has set the following limits for 2019:
- 30k Road Race — 6,500 participants (please note one start for the 30k only — 9:30am — 4.5 hour time limit)
- 5k — 2,500 participants
- 3-person Relay teams — 300 teams
- 2-person Relay teams — 300 teams
Register early to avoid disappointment!
30K Start Corral Considerations
The 2019 Around the Bay Road Race will have seeded Start corrals.
Corral Placement is based on predicted finishing time.
The conditions for Corral Placement for the 2019 Around the Bay Road Race are as follows.
The 30K and 5K seeded corrals are based on a qualifying standard as listed below. This seeding is on a first come basis, and is not guaranteed. Participants who register after the corrals are full will be placed in the white corral.
|Start Corral||30k Time||Half Marathon Time||Marathon Time|
|Corral B/Blue||Over 2:15 to 2:30||Over 1:30 to 1:40||Over 3:10 to 3:35|
|Corral C/Green||Over 2:30 to 2:45||Over 1:40 to 1:50||Over 3:35 to 3:50|
|Start Corral||5k Time|
|Corral Orange||<20 min|
|Corral Brown||Over 20 min to 30 min|
|Corral White||Over 30 min|
CONFIRM YOUR CORRAL PLACEMENT
Your Corral placement is displayed on your HTG confirmation email. Running Room confirmation emails do not display corral placements but race kits picked up during race weekend will be labelled with corrals.
Transfer Entry to Another Person
The transfer period to be announced.
Please read carefully before registering for any event(s).
Entry fees are non-refundable. Entries are non-deferrable to another year unless you have the ATB+ package. That means that once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not transfer your entry to another year unless you have the ATB+ package.
The Bay Race, in accordance with management executives, city officials and local law enforcement has the authority to cancel any of the events for emergency purposes such as, but not limited to, inclement weather or threat of terrorism. If such emergency conditions force cancellation, refunds cannot be provided since funds will have been spent in preparation for Race Day. T-shirts will be distributed.
All race packets become the property of the Bay Race once Registration and Packet Pickup closes.
5k — There are no course or age restrictions.
30k Road Race/Relays — You must be at least 15 years of age on race day to participate in the 30k Road Race/Relay.
RACE PACKET PICKUP
All participants are required to pick up their bib number and their MyLapsChip™ during the Health and Fitness Expo. The hours of operation are Friday, March 29, 2019 from 3:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday, March 30, 2019 from 9:30am to 5:30pm. THERE WILL BE NO RUNNER PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE ATB+ PACKAGE.
COURSE TIME LIMITS
Participants must be able to complete the 30k Road Race in 4.5 hours from the start of the horn at 9:30am. All participants not reaching the 15km point by 11:45am will not be allowed to finish the race. The course time limit will be strictly enforced due to traffic control and runner safety. At the discretion of the POLICE, slower participants may be asked to walk along the sidewalks and obey traffic rules.