- How far is the race?
- 30 Kilometres (18.6 miles)
- When is next year's run? Do you organize other running events?
- The Around the Bay Road Race will take place on Sunday, March 29, 2020. We do not organize other events, but we do assist many other races.
- What kind of weather is typical for the race?
- The average temperature on race weekend is a pleasant 4°C. Average rainfall for the month is 51mm.
- Is this event a Boston qualifier?
- No, The Around the Bay Road Race (since it is not a Marathon distance) is an excellent warm up for the Boston Marathon but it is not an official qualifying run.
- Who receives medals?
- All participants in the 30K, Relays and 5K receive a medal.
- Do you have a walking section for the road race?
- Although you can walk, there will be no separate walking category. All participants not reaching the 15km point by 11:45am or the 20km point by 12:30pm will not be allowed to finish the race. The course time limit will be strictly enforced due to traffic control and runner safety. The Finish Line will be taken down at 2:00pm.
- How do I train?
- Please see our Training page for links to training programs and race-specific training clinics.
- Where can I view past results?
- Please visit our Results & Photos page to view previous results dating back to 1894.
- Where do I throw my gel packs?
- We greatly respect the residents that allow us to host this historic race through their neighbourhoods and communities. We strongly encourage you to please hold onto your gel packs, tissues, and other unwanted items until you reach a water station where our volunteers can collect them.