For the In-Person 30k and/or The Hammer Races — You must be at least 15 years of age on March 24, 2024 to participate.
For the In-Person 10K and 15K – You must be at least 12 years of age on March 24, 2024 to participate. For these race categories, we highly recommend an adult participate with registrants under 16 years of age.
There is no age restriction on the 5K. We highly recommend that children under the age of 12, participating in the 5K event, run with an adult.
When you pick up your race kit, you will receive your Hammer apparel items. When you finish the race, enter the Hammer medal line to receive your 5K, 30K, and Hammer medals.
Yes, but please place yourself in the appropriate corral to ensure the balanced flow of the race is maintained. Please see the Help Desk at the Expo to change your corral.
You are not automatically deferred to 2025. If you purchased the ATB+ Defer to 2025 option and would like to defer, you must email us before March 20, 2024 indicating you would like to redeem/exercise your option to defer. We can remove you from this year’s race and confirm your deferral.
Summary of ATB+ Defer Option (DO) Package
- Option to defer to 2025 for any reason
- If you are unable to participate for whatever reason in the 2024 Bay Race, you have the option to defer your registration to 2025 with this ATB+ DO package.
- To redeem this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us that you will exercise your option to defer by March 20, 2024 so we can record your deferral and remove you from the 2024 race. Then a promo code will be sent to you to register for 2025 once 2025 online registration opens. Please note you are not automatically registered for 2025. You will need to use the promo code we send to register for 2025. The promo code offsets the 2025 entry fee. If you do not email us to inform us you are exercising your deferral option, you are not automatically deferred to 2025 and you are not automatically registered for 2025.
- Notice by email to defer must be sent to email@example.com.
- Deferred registrants do not receive 2024 race kit/shirt. Deferred registrants will receive a promo code to register for the 2025 race.
- ATB+ DO Package available for purchase until March 20, 2024.
- No refunds on the ATB+ DO package
- The ATB+ DO Package can only be used to defer to the next race year. I.e. If you want to further defer to 2026, you will need a 2025 ATB+ Defer Option Package.
- Online fees and taxes applicable to ATB+ packages.
For the health and safety of all participants, it is important to have accurate information of actual participants and especially during emergency situations. Only official transfers during the transfer period will be allowed. A person who runs under someone else’s bib will be disqualified and may face suspension from future Bay Races.
You can transfer to someone else through your Race Roster dashboard until March 10, 2024. Click on transfer link near the middle top of your profile page. Click transfer to another person to initiate a transfer. The recipient of the transfer will receive an email and steps to complete the transfer including paying the transfer fee ($15 + tax and online fees).
Please note the Around The Bay Road Race is not responsible for private transactions on transfers and will not be involved in transfer disputes.
To transfer to another race category (sub-event) until March 10, 2024, click on the transfer link near the middle top of your profile page. Then click transfer to another sub-event and proceed from there.
If you upgrade, the difference will be owing but if you downgrade, there is no credit.
If you originally used a promo code to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a new promo code as the system will not recognize the original credit on a transfer.
If you transfer your entry to someone else, you do not receive any of the race swag. The transfer recipient will receive the race swag.
If you transfer from one race category to another race category, you will receive the race swag of the new race category. E.g. If you transfer from the Hammer Hybrid to the 15K, you will receive a long-sleeved race shirt and a 15K medal. You would not receive the Hammer Jacket or the Hammer medal.
After March 10, 2024, transfers can only be completed in person at Packet Pickup on March 22 & 23. No race day transfers or registrations.
Bib numbers will be assigned closer to race weekend.
You or a friend can pick up your packet (Bib and Shirt) at Packet Pick Up on Friday or Saturday.
To avoid the wrong packet being issued, please bring one of the following:
- A copy of the confirmation email OR
- Photo ID
If picking up for someone, please have their bib numbers ready. Bib numbers will be assigned closer to race weekend.