FAQ :: Mylaps Chip™ Timing
FAQ: Mylaps Chip™ Timing
In FAQ section:
- What is Mylaps Chip™ timing?
- Mylaps Chip™ (formerly ChampionChip™) is a miniature transponder in a specially designed plastic housing. This device contains a chip in combination with an energizing coil. These elements are encased in a waterproof glass capsule, meaning the Mylaps Chip™ can be used under all conditions (wet, dry, cold and hot).
- The Mylaps Chip™ can be worn in different ways. For running races, the Mylaps Chip™ is usually attached to the runner's shoelace. In triathlons it is attached to an ankle bracelet.
- There are no batteries in the Mylaps Chip™. The transponder is passive until moved into a magnetic field, generated by a send antenna. Here the energizing coil produces an electric current to power the chip. The transponder then transmits its unique identification number to a receive antenna. The whole procedure takes approximately 60 milliseconds and is repeated continuously.
- Where do I get my chip? How do it return it?
- Your chip is supplied to you for the event in your run packet — which you pick up at the runners expo — with your bib and T-shirt.
- NEW disposable Commemorative chip may be kept as a souvenir.
- How do I wear the Chip?
- Please click here for Chip Timing instructions.